Silver Hollow - Jennifer Silverwood Silver Hollow was an interesting read. I can't say it was an easy read because you really need to concentrate on the book without distractions in order to stay with what's going on. I had several times where I had to stop and re-read a page to make sure I understood it correctly. That said, it was perfect! I would expect nothing less when reading about a whole different world. Silver Hollow was very Alice in Wonderland-ish (yes , that's a word!) in that Amie is taken from the normal world with barn parties, friends and southern sayings and dropped into this mysterious world with castles, gnomes and unicorns. So while you needed to stay focused to stick with the book, you can really relate to Amie who is living it. Learning that there were never truer words than when Uncle Henry told Amie "Never trust anyone", is a lesson I had to learn over and over during this book. Maybe I'm too easy to trust ? So many times the author tricked me into a lull, and I felt things were surely headed one way only to have the rug ripped out from under me and find myself turned around heading a completely different direction.

I laughed along with some of the antics, I shed a few tears at a certain part (which I will not reveal- no spoilers!) and I championed the guy I wanted Amie to end up with. Would she pick the reclusive Eddie or Emrys- the one who saved her life. While both were worthy "men", I definitely love Emrys the best.. Something about his tortured soul and his love for Amie just clutched at my heart.

Alas, when I began this review I promised myself I wouldn't give spoilers. So let me end by saying that this book is definitely worth the time. If you are looking for something to sink into and get away completely from the real world- Silver Hollow is your ticket!