Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1) - Kaitlyn Davis * Warning ~ I will try not to give any huge spoilers, but be warned I'm excited and have a hard time keeping a handle on my gift of babble. *

Ignite is the story of Kira Dawson, normal teenage girl- or so she thought. She leaves boarding school to move to South Carolina with her family which is an adjustment, never did she figure it would be such a big one! Almost immediately, she finds a group of tight knit friends and a bad boy to crush on. Still it seems like her best friend and her mysterious bad boy are keeping secrets from her. As she finally discovers the secrets that Luke (best friend) and Tristan (bad boy crush) are keeping from her, she also discovers the unbelievable powers she holds deep inside. Not only is she a super powerful being who can fight vampires in a unique way, she is a forbidden mix of races.

I absolutely love reading vampire books and everyone's different interpretations on which (if any) popular myths are true. I felt by offering us the Conduits - these light bearing protectors- Kaitlyn offered a new and unique glimpse into the vampire /paranormal world. As the story progressed, I felt myself waivering on who I wanted Kira to fall in love with : Luke - the all around good guy and fellow conduit who can help her learn to harness her powers or Tristan- the sweet soul trapped in a vampire body who understands what it feels like to be an outcast, yet can be killed by her very light. Obviously Luke is the easy choice and something in me wants her to pick easy just for once. I think it's because he's such a good guy (not that Tristan isn't) and shouldn't the good guy win once in a while?

Between the brewing love triangle, the search for the truth about her parents and the amazing fights with vampires, I was kept on the edge of my seat for the entire book. It moved along at a good pace and I was frustrated every time I was interrupted for any little need (don't the kids understand I can't feed them when I'm in the middle of a good book?). One thing that I really loved was the ending- while it could have left us completely hanging, waiting impatiently for the next in the series, I felt there was enough closure to be satisfied and not agitated like I can be sometimes. Naturally I was still yearning for the next book, but I felt there was some closure which to me gets an extra gold star ! I'll be back with reviews for the rest of the series as I get them read! Can't wait!