The Photo Traveler (The Photo Traveler Series) - Arthur J. Gonzalez Gavin has had a miserable life. Losing his parents at a young age, he ends up in foster care and then adopted. He was loved in that family until the day he received yet another loss- his adoptive mom was murdered and his adoptive father becomes even worse - drinking and beatings. One day he discovers he has living grandparents and strikes out to find them.

One would think that life can only go uphill from here for Gavin. He does find his grandparents and now has a loving family but also now knows the secret of his legacy- he is a photo traveler. Gavin will endure even more loss, along with more love than he's known.

I really enjoyed reading The Photo Traveler. The ability to go into a photo and go back to that exact time is amazing. This book will pull you in. There were plenty of twists and turns happening all the time. As I was finishing the book, I had maybe 20 pages left and had to stop for the evening. I assumed the last 20 pages would just be wrapping things up but when I picked it up the next morning I was shocked at how many new twists happened -leading us into a second book in the series! Just when you think it's over - BOOM! some new twist happens and you're going in a different direction! I love these kinds of books that keep you thinking and constantly reassessing everything! One particular idea that I loved was the fact that although Gavin's parents "died" when he was 4years old, he is now able to go visit them and build a relationship with them thru photos. Now some might feel it's cheating to do this, but I loved it. He has been through so much, it's nice of the author to allow him this little concession!

All in all, I felt this was a well written Young Adult book. Plenty of action abounds with a splash of romance thrown in to keep us girls happy! Check it out and let me know what you think!!

4.5 Stars

* I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. *